Sunday 9 August 2015

Home Baking

I am having so much fun with sourdough at the moment. Since I have dropped all sugary cake for the moment, I had to find something else to bake. I managed to make a really good potent starter and am now using it as base for all the bread we eat at home.

Emilie from The Clever Carrot had written this really good and easy to follow tutorial on how to make the perfect sourdough bread, and since I started doing my bread this way it has become really interesting and fun. I have been making many spelt and rye breads over the past month, buns and pizza all with sourdough.

At the moment I am in the process of trying to adapt some standard yeast recipes til only using sourdough and my first try, where I made a brioche dough, was quite successful (I had to Frenchmen test it out). It lacked of cause the traditional shape, since I don't posses a brioche baking form, and it could have been a little more light in the texture, but a very good starting point to go from.

No comments:

Post a Comment