Sunday 11 October 2015

Goodbye Summer

While I have been busy blogging about my summer holiday, fall has officially hit Berlin, and we can no longer enjoy our dinner outside in the evening sun. Instead we are surrounded by so many beautiful colors and blankets to keep warm.

The herbs on our balcony looks a bit sad and over, but I have harvested seeds to plant next year, and thyme for the food. I am happy because right now the window in our kitchen is filled with new growing life. I succeeded in planting a lemon seed and it is a joy to see it grow a little bit every day (It is the one in the black pot).

I also made a beautiful Upside Down Pear Pistachio Cake from this recipe. It is so good that I already made it twice. It just so happened it matched with the flowers in on the kitchen table, so I couldn't help myself. I had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment