Saturday 5 January 2019

White Christmas

Happy New Year to everyone who still find their way to this blog from time to time. I haven't been the best blogger for the past couple of years and it seems more and more like I blog only about what I did months ago rather than right now. I have thought about ending my time as a blogger, but truth of the matter is that it's probably one of the only things that still keeps me taking photographs - even though many of them never make their way to this platform - and it's nice with so many photos to peruse when I feel like taking a walk down memory lane sometimes. So I'll continue for a while and see what time brings.

We had a lovely Christmas in Denmark and were so lucky to have a local white Christmas this year. The snow fell perfectly timed on the 22nd and 23rd. When I woke up on the 25th it was all gone. Vincent and I went for a walk on the 24th while Fleur was sleeping and the food was on the stove. It's been some years since we last walked in the snowy forest and it was nice to feel the crisp fresh air and have a bit of exercise before all the food.

Normally we don't really celebrate New Years eve, I find that the change between years is often overrated and these parties always end up disappointing. But this year we got a spontaneous and quite random dinner invitation and had the chance to spend the evening among brand new people without any expectations and ended up having such a nice evening with good food, champagne, talks, games and fireworks. It was a great entrance to this new year, that I hope will bring as many wonderful memories as the previous one. I wish for better health for our family in the wintertime, and already I look forward to spring.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment