Wednesday 11 March 2015

Tempelhof!

From one amazing building complex to another.

This weekend I had the pleasure of visiting the old Tempelhof terminals. Something I have wanted to do forever, but actually I never realized it was possible if not going to a fair or festival. Sometimes it is great to have visitors in town, then they can enlighten you of what is going on.

I've always found this building so impressive, whenever I have driven by. I think now even more. It is so interesting to visit a building with such a history. The fact that large parts of it is not in daily use anymore, makes it even more appealing. There is definitely a reason to hold on to it.

It was an amazing day to visit. Several times I had to say that I was really impressed by the breathtaking architecture. The sun really brought out the texture of the building and made the main terminal look even more dashing inside. It is hard to believe it only took five years to build this.

I would have loved taking a trip from the main terminal when it was still in use. I could easily imagine dressing up to go flying. I got a bit carried away taking pictures, I just could not help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment