Thursday 24 September 2015

Nexø

Nexø came of as a bit of a sleepy town. In fact the two times we were there, nothing much was happening. Not many people on the streets and quite quiet.

However culinary Nexø was a different story. Here we really had the best experiences on the trip, when it came to food. First it was Chris & Mario: a little ice-cream place that served, I dare to say, the best ice-cream I have ever had. My mouth is watering just at the thought of it. If I lived close to this place it would be hard not to go back all the time for more, so somehow that makes me happy but also a bit sad (I can only hope they would ever open a branch in Berlin).

Second was Nexø Old Smokery, that served delicious smoked fish in an authentic environment. They had a beautiful double chimney, a view to the sea and a considerable amount of fish and other smoked goodies.

We just had to return to Nexø on the last day of our trip. To get an extra ice-cream and to have lunch and take back some smoked fish for the days to come.

So this was my last post about Bornholm. I know that there has been quite a few, I think I have been a bit overwhelmed with all the great things this island had to offer, and how great it can be with a holiday in Denmark. I definitely hope it won't be the last time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment