Wednesday 4 January 2017

The Tale of a Kransekage

Last year, when we were in Paris for New Year, I attempted my first kransekage. For those of you who don't know what kransekage is, it is a baked marzipan cake - sometimes filled with nougat, sometimes not- and it is very common to eat at big celebrations such as weddings and very traditional to have with the Champagne at the stroke of midnight on new years eve.

Last year, I just made straight pieces, but this year I felt like taking on the challenge of the kransekage-tower - something a bit more festive - since we were going to kliché new years dinner.

In the end, I was quite satisfied with it, even though I had slight problems with getting it to harden in our gas oven. But I managed and they all fitted on top of each other. So next year, I will just have to focus on making it look prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment