Monday 17 April 2017

Sprouting Herbs

A couple of weeks ago, I did a bit of gardening. I had saved some seeds, that I harvested from our balcony back in 2015. Last summer, I forgot all about them, because we travelled so much, but this year we will try to make a kind of wild meadow in our flower boxes, so there won't be too much to tent to besides watering.

I have planted coriander, chives and basil. I was surprised by how fast the first chive appeared, then a couple of days later followed the coriander - Right now it has the lead. The basil still remains to be seen, but I am hopeful. When they have been cultivated for a while they'll move to the balcony for the summer, but right now I enjoy having them in the kitchen window so I can follow their daily progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment