Wednesday 13 February 2019

Acorn Experiment no. 2

I've seen so many nice picture on Instagram and Pinterest of people making acorns grow at home, and I always found it looks rather decorative, so back in autumn, when we were out gathering acorns anyway I kept a few for my next plant experiment.

These babies were in water for quite a while. Eventually it looked like all of them would make it, but due to our holiday abroad, only the three with the longest roots made it alive into 2019. Still, I was so happy to come home and find one of them with leaves. I actually don't know if it is possible to transfer them to soil. For the moment they are just brightening up our kitchen with a little touch of spring. And one still hasn't sprouted.

If they grow big, they can only stay with us for a certain amount of time, as my love for planting trees already takes up a fair amount of space in our apartment. I though about bonsai, but we also talked about planting them somewhere in nature or in the city. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment