Sunday 31 October 2010

Help me make it through the night!

Some while ago Liv told me about Gob Squad. A british/ German performance group, who were gonna make different performances around Berlin, and she recommended that I should go and see one. So last night her and I went to see them in their performance "Room Service" about 4 people who are alone in a hotel room and has too do all sorts of things to keep awake.
It took place in a conference room in a Hotel, where there were 4 televisions showing what happened in the different rooms. It was a 5 hour long performance and a mix between manuscript and improvisation that also includes the audience, and you can come and go as you like within the 5 hours.


One of the things I really liked was when one of them started to use the bin and toilet as pets that he had to feed, or when they made simultaneously music videos to famous songs.


Because I was really tired I thought that I might stay there a couple of hours, but it was so great that we ended up being the for almost 4. And if my eyes hat not been down to my knees, I would have stayed to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment