Saturday 8 January 2011

Weird Trailer Trash Story!

Every day on my way to work I pass Babylon Kino. Being one of the few cinemas in Berlin that actually have an interesting program and showing original language, it is surprising that I haven't been there before last night.
The film "Trash Humpers" by Harmony Korine was screened there as part of an American Independent film festival, and I wanted to see this film since November 2009. The small cinema was packed, people even sat in front of the front row. Claudia also decided to come along, because she is a fan of his. I am still not sure I understand everything that happened in this film, which is semi documentary. It was really weird, fun and unpleasant, and when I got home I had to see if I could find some information about it, that would made me understand it better. One of the things I did enjoy was the visual, which was this blurry VHS look, which made a nice contrast to all the modern "clean" movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment