Friday 10 February 2012

The Artist!

Yesterday it was the last chance to go and see The Artist at Curzon cinema. And so Michael and I went to see the movie that everyone has been talking so much about.
For those who haven't heard of it yet, it is a black and white silent movie produced in 2011, about a silent movie actor in the late 1920's who refuses to adapt to speaking motion pictures.  

To be honest. I was exited but also prepared to be bored. I have never watched a 1 hour and 40 minute long silent movie before. In fact I have neglected to watch some of the DVDs in my Hitchcock collection just for that reason.
But I was not bored for one minute, in fact I was surprised how entertaining it was. Although some people have said that it is somehow to nostalgic I think it was a really nice story. I never missed hearing voices, and loved how they played with the sound throughout the movie. Definitely recommendable.


No comments:

Post a Comment