Wednesday 31 October 2012

Efterklang!

Tonight I took some time of from studying and went to see Danish band "Efterklang" at the beautiful Barbican center. They were playing their new album  "Pyramida" together with an amazing ensemble "The northern Sinfonia".
I have seen "Efterklang" live before. First together with "Slaraffenland" and then one time at Roskilde, but this was the first time in a proper solo concert situation and it was by far the best one as well.
Although their music is quite rhythmic I found it great to be seated, cause it somehow allows you to fully concentrate on the music. The supporting act was John Grant and he was indeed grant. I was very disappointed to discover that some of the songs he performed is not yet reliesed. 
Every time I go to a live music act I always regret not going to more, because it can be such a great and intense experience and I mostly leave a concert with the feeling of being a little more happy.  

2 comments:

  1. My favourite band, they are fantastic live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was a great experience. they have a genuine love for music and it really comes across.

      Delete