Monday 22 July 2013

Das Funkhaus!

Elisabeth has her studio in the old Radio house of the DDR. This weekend they had an open studio so she invited me to come along to see some of the things people there are doing. I have to admit that I am a sucker for old DDR buildings. They are somehow so big and intimidating and awful and nice at the same time. I took so many pictures of the place in the few hours I was there.

When I go places like this I always start to imagine the things that has been going on once the building was in its proper use. How people were working, how they used the rooms etc.
 
I have to say that on a warm summer day the place seamed really idyllic, with its location right next to the spree and green bushes and trees everywhere.
I would for sure not mind having a studio there myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment