Saturday 6 July 2013

Le Bateau Bleu!


It's been a long time since I last was on board a ferry, but I had a really nice trip between Denmark and Germany. The weather was amazing and everyone was sitting on the deck enjoying the sun during the two hour trip.
Denmark slowly vanished in the horizon in the blue sea and sky. It reminded me of the many trips we took to my grandparents when I was a child before the bridge between Sealand and Funen came and we had to plan the trip according to when the ferry was sailing.
There is something really calm about being on a boat, as oppose to traveling with an airplane where everyone is crammed into as little place as possible. Especially on a beautiful day where you can just walk around on the deck or sit and watch the water and ships pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment