Tuesday 28 January 2014

Bookbinding!

Since the new term started, I have been spending a lot of time in the bookbinding workshop. Not simply because I want to improve my skills, but also as it is a really meditative activity. I have spend so much time with my head barried in books and sitting in front of the screen while writing my dissertation and doing my other work, and it feels really good to start in the morning and then go home with something in the evening.

Today I used the time making two books, both binded in dark blue velvet, which is a color I really feel in love with while doing it because of the light reflecting surface. One was a little photo-book and the other a simple notebook.

My goal is to go in once a week, and I wonder what exiting thing I will come up with for next weeks session.

No comments:

Post a Comment