Friday 10 June 2011

Past, Present and Future!

Something I have wished for, for so long, is Chris Markers "La Jetée" ciné-roman. I a couple a days ago I got it as a total unexpected present, which are the best kind of presents.
La Jetée is my favorite movie. For tree reasons, it is a beautiful story about love combined with pictures and text, both equally poetic. It is shot in only still pictures, with only one motion picture in the 30 minutes, and therefore it also make sense, to publish it as a book.
The best thing is that there are pictures in the book which are not included in the movie and vise verse, and the text is written in both English and French.
If you have not seen the movie, I can recommend to do so (it was also the inspiration for "12 monkeys"). It is a beautiful movie, about love, life and time travel, which leave room for reflection long after it's over, and it only gets better the second time an third time etc.












No comments:

Post a Comment