Monday 14 January 2013

The First Week In Nantes!

My first week in Nantes has been great. So far so good! Of cause I have lived up to all the clichés of what a foreigner in France would do and had a good amount of French food, red wine, croissant and café noisette at the counter of the brasserie. My French practice is intensifying but I have made my way around until now only by speaking French, which is motivating. I really like the city and hope that it will continue to grow on me. First couple of days I was mostly drifting around trying to make sense of the city's structure and where the nearest supermarket was. Unpacking went quick although I felt I brought way too much stuff, but I am settling into my new temporary home just fine. I find the city really charming and I love it's typical French architecture that somehow also reminds me a bit about Berlin houses. It feels much more diverse than London where all the houses look more or less the same. It is great to be in a city again where every street looks interesting and new, and I am not yet missing London.

No comments:

Post a Comment