Sunday 8 November 2015

Gothenburg Botanical Garden

On our last day in Gothenburg all the Biennale venues were closed, which gave us a chance to look a bit closer at the city. By pure coincidence we went into a park, which turned out to be the botanical garden. And we spend quite a bit of time in the greenhouse, admiring all the tropical plants (especially these water leaves, that looks kind of like trays).

I found it quite nice that there were tables in there, so one could bring a foodbasket or something, or just come there to read a book or work inside the "jungle". Even though small, it is definitely one of the nicest greenhouses I have visited.


I was also quite impressed with the many roses that were still blooming this late in the year. I might have got in wrong, but for me roses are such a late spring/summer flower. Anyway, it was such a nice park, and I was really glad we got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment