Sunday 1 November 2015

Mid Centery Heaven

Two things I really like about Gothenburg.

There are so many nice mid-centery houses and signs, that I just caught myself going around pointing one out after the other, until Vincent got tired of listening to me. I can't help it. I love this kind of style, because of its clean functional lines, charm and attention to detail.

I also really like the fact that the city seems much more green than any other big city I've visited. Not that it has more parks than other cities I know. It must have something to do with the green carpet spread out underneath many of the tram tracks, and the old grand trees on the boulevards with walking paths in the middle, so one feels saved from traffic and bricks for a while.

It is definitely a nice place to walk around, and so we did. Everyday we walked until our feet could almost not carry us anymore. They were tired as hell, but the next day we got up and walked a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment